Been buried. Two links to explain why, and still more for your reading pleasure:
- The StageGrade Critics Tony Poll 2011: A lot of Mormons, a lot of strong male performances.
- A preview of Kate Fodor's underrated 100 Saints You Should Know on the occasion of its L.A. premiere.
- A thoughtful essay on the arts-as-vegetables problem.
- What's wrong with Kansas.
- I was a lonely non-fan of the Wilson/Waits Woyzeck, but I am so there for this.
- Oh, and speaking of BAM's Next Wave, this piece, from one of my favorite alt-puppet ensembles, looks AMAZING (check out the flaming skeleton at 3:30).