Jun 10, 2011

Hoodoo Voodoo

I'll be traveling next week, mostly for this conference you may have heard about. I leave you with the strong recommendation to catch Tanya Saracho's Enfrascada, a Clubbed Thumb production, which plays tonight and Sat. night at HERE. Isherwood was, I think, way too dismissive; I found myself amused and moved by the play, about the lengths to which the lovelorn will go to patch up a relationship, often at the cost of their other relationships. It's also noteworthy as the New York almost-debut (technically she made her first appearance with this) of a Chicago playwright I've been following for awhile (in fact, since last year's TCG conference, to bring this post full circle).

Enjoy this rambling video featuring Tanya along with Clubbed Thumb's Maria Striar and Jessica Taylor. Topics include cooking, code-switching, and curanderismo.

No comments: