Jul 21, 2009

Baby, It's You


When it rains, it pours, don't it? I'm playing what was supposed to be my last gig before my son was born on Sunday, Aug. 2, at Galapagos Art Space in DUMBO. It's going to be a great, chamber-y set, including some songs from the ever-upcoming Ed Wood musical, as well as a bunch of other new stuff.

Well, apparently my son Oliver had other ideas, and decided he'd like see the show, too. He arrived seven weeks early, and he's doing extremely well at the St. Vincent NICU--well enough that he might be taking his first cab ride home soon.

So, do I recommend trying to pull together an ambitious gig while your newborn son is about to move home? No. Do I recommend you buy a ticket now and come to see Oliver's dad in DUMBO? Yes.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Wow, Oliver looks great for seven weeks early. What a cutie! Best to you and your family.