- Jeremy Barker on why theatres in trouble should take more, not fewer risks.
- Denise Poirier, one of the best Lady Macbeths I've seen (way, way back in L.A. at Theatre of NOTE), is hailed for the "silvery, mellifluous rancor" of her Goneril in Monmouth, Maine.
- I'll just say it: Did they just cast a shiksa as Fanny Brice?
- Did The Onion write this headline?
- Just saw Woolly Mammoth's Clybourne Park; it's sharp, funny, discomfiting, frighteningly well-acted, and happens to be endorsed (and misspelled) by one of my favorite non-theatrical bloggers. If you're in the D.C. area, go.
Aug 5, 2011
From around the Webs:
Posted by Rob Weinert-Kendt at 9:56 AM